Tuesday, May 09, 2006
If we but pay attention
One of the things I most love about my life is the appearance of things that might seem merely coincidental to others but to me are messages. Guidance from Spirit doesn't always come with a big clap of thunder and announce itself. (I wish it would sometimes, but it doesn't seem to work that way, alas.) It sneaks in on "little cat feet" (apolgies to ee cummings) so so quietly that you hardly know it's there.

I think the trick is this - ASK for guidance and messages from your angels and guides. Then, pay attention. And this is the hardest part for many people, especially those who think that things happen randomly. Rose taught me to "trust what you get" when you ask for something. I've never gone wrong doing that.

For instance, after my most beloved goddaughter passed away in March, I asked her to let me know she's around in spirit. I was driving home at the time I asked and as I made the right turn onto my street, my pocketbook fell off the car seat. When I pulled into my driveway and leaned down to pick it up, the only thing that fell out was a small metal angel I kept in a secret pocket in my wallet. I smiled because I know this was what I asked for - a small sign. She knew I paid attention to what I got and so she sent it to me just like that. I thanked her for letting me know she was there and put the Angel back in my wallet.

Oh, and that's the other piece ... always be in gratitude for what you get. I don't take their communications for granted and always thank my angels and spirit guides for sharing themselves with me.

So, it boils down to three steps:

1. ASK! (This is a hard one, I know)

2. Pay attention to the small things! (easier for me)

3. Show gratitude for what you get (regardless of what it is because it is meant for you to use to move to the next step).

Blessings as you go about your day.
 
posted by Lisa at 7:22 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Wow wow wow or should I say woo woo woo. I don't know if it is the power of positive suggestion or what but feel different after reading the whole page and you know my woo woo door is only open a little tiny bit. I really like this site and look forward to a smack (sorry can't help it) of peace each day. - Kim

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Anita

    Lovely. Kim expressed it best. I think asking is the hardest part (for me).

    -A (sending effervescence your way)