Wednesday, May 10, 2006
More on messages from the Uni
I subscribe to this nifty daily email called "Notes from the Universe" from this interesting site. Some days they are kind of hokey and some days they hit the nail right on the head. Yesterday's note was this:

When you see things that pain you, Lisa, that sadden you, or that make your heart ache, remember... you're not seeing all.

I hope you never need this one.

All love,
The Universe

That's kind of how I looked at Lauren's passing. I am not seeing "the all" of the situation and while I am sad about her not being here any longer (and that, my friends, is an understatement), I know there's a much larger picture that I don't see and reasons why things go down as they do. And I may never know. I just have to trust that there are reasons for these things and keep looking for the lessons in them for me.

I think you'll find I talk about "lessons" quite a bit. The more I learn about the nature of the woo woo, the more I see that things don't happen randomly and, going with yesterday's post, if we pay attention, there's so much to see and learn from. You come into the world with lessons to learn and the Universe presents you a myriad of ways to "get it". Each time you fail to find the lesson for you inherent in the situation, the Universe is compelled to show you again but this time a tad more clearly (i.e.: a larger THWAK! on the head). Thwacks hurt, y'all. This I know well.

We can't know "all" but we can know our little piece of it and pay attention. (OOOH! There's that subject again!)

Happy Wednesday!

 
posted by Lisa at 8:51 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Anita

    Hi Lisa,

    I deleted my old comment and am reposting because I tried to comment from two different trains of thought and posted, then realized what I said was kind of disjointed.

    I have both your sites bookmarked and check them every day.

    I liked your template as well and also looked at the mountain/sea one and mixed things up with the "amour" template.

    I know I picked a good one if Ms. Snarky approves! (that makes me feel like I unintentionally earned five gold stars for just being me, a special treat).

    What kind iPod would you recommend? The Shuffle, Nano, or Regular?

    Oh, I'm back to being "me" on the site, too. I must have been playing around with the editing on the new site and instead of previewing, and saved the changes to call myself all kinds of fun nicknames.

    But it seems best and easiest just to sign posts with my name and also makes it easier for people to know what to call me and how to address me.

    (I'll cross-post this on my blog, too, in response to your comment.)

    -A

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Anita

    Ooh, Notes from the Universe, what a *cool* idea...