Monday, July 10, 2006
A Lovely Prayer
Lead us, O Lord,
from darkness to Light,
from the unreal to the Real,
from death to immortality,
from chaos to Beauty,
from the individual to the Universal,
from the many cycles to the One Life,
from outer manifestation to the Sacred Space.
Amen.


This prayer is taken from the Sancta Sophia Online site. Sancta Sophia is a mystery school teaching Esoteric Christianity. Esoteric means this:
ESOTERIC: The Greek root eso means “within.” That which is hidden, unseen, secret, inner, or out-of-sight—the meaning behind the meaning. Obscure but profound to those prepared to receive. In the New Testament, Jesus spoke of mysteries reserved for disciples which he did not offer the public. His public teachings, the parables, while commonly understood, also may contain other, deeper message


In November, I will be traveling with my teacher and mentor Regina to the Sancta Sophia seminary in Oklahoma to get a feel for the seminary and what it offers. Right now I am considering getting a certification in Spiritual Mentoring so that I can better serve those who are drawn to me. Regina is a riot and I'm sure the drive there alone (22 hours! aack!) will be an adventure much less a week at the seminary itself.

The more I read about and begin to understand Esoteric Christianity, the more it makes sense to me. Something has to truly resonate with me for it to stay in my little brain and this definitely does in a way other things (Wicca, for example) have not. Mystery Schools don't go out and seek others. If you find them and they speak to you, then you will investigate that. (That may be the way of all things in this world, eh?) So, I shall follow this path and see where it leads.

Have a lovely Monday!
 
posted by Lisa at 7:50 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger Anita

    V. cool! I guess it's that "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear" sort of thing?

    -A

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Barb

    Thank you for the kind words you left at my site this morning, Lisa. What a beautiful blog design you have. I love it.

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Barb

    I left a comment earlier but it's not showing. Hope you find it. If not, thank you for the kind words you left at my site this morning. What a beautiful blog design you have. I love it.