Sunday, June 04, 2006
Today is where your book begins ...
... the rest is still unwritten.

Have you heard this song by Natasha Beddingfield called "Unwritten"? It totally speaks to me on about a zillion different levels and fits particularly today as I open the book to a different chapter of my life.

Having been released from the boring and tedious job I took in January (bows to the Uni for the divine timing), I am now actively putting myself out there to the public as a Reiki practitioner and spiritual healing facilitator.

"Feel the rain on your skin - no one else can feel it for you" she writes. Each of us has a unique view of life created by the melding of roads taken and not taken. No one else can offer just that same perspective.

The rest ... well, it may be unwritten now but each day I will create that book, page by page.



Unwritten
Natasha Beddingfield

I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined
I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten


I break tradition, sometimes my tries, are outside the lines
We've been conditioned to not make mistakes, but I can't live that way

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inner visions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
To the years where your book begins
 
posted by Lisa at 10:31 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I've heard this song but never really listened to the lyrics - I only recognized it by the chorus.

    I'll have to listen it to it more closely now the next time it plays on the radio.

    -A

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    "Today is where your book begins ...
    ... the rest is still unwritten" I love this - I am free to turn the page and see a clean blank slate of possibilities unstained by yesterday's. Unless I wrote yesterday in Black Sharpie and it bled through, but hey - just turn the page. Still I wrassle with what I sometimes see as life tossed my way as if by a pissed off toddler. Much learning is waiting for me.

    Breathe deep...seek peace

    Kim

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger Dawn :)

    Yeah!

    I just heard this on the radio for the first time, the other day, and really resonated with it. Very In the Now oriented. Thanks for sharing! :)

    *hugs!*
    - Dawn

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Josh

    Beautiful Lyrics...