Saturday, August 12, 2006
How Appropriate
I like to take those goofy quizzes over on blogthings for the fun of it. I'm usually surprised at how right on the mark they are. Scientific? Hardly. But fun, all the same. So, I took the one below called "Your 2006 Summer Anthem" and look what it brought up:

Your 2006 Summer Anthem Is

Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield

"No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins"
What's Your 2006 Summer Anthem?


I find that a little more than coincidental since I wrote on here back in June how that song sums up where I am right now. When I spoke with Jayne Howard Feldman earlier this summer, she said that this year was the year that I turned and faced my path completely and unabashedly. And she was right. As I continue to step forward, I see how things have lined up for me to do just that.

But the path is not without its challenges. I am aware enough to see them as "tests", if you will, of my determination to stay on my own path. I know in my heart that I have a role to play in my world service and must put my energy toward that. (I hope I don't come off as all pompous and above it all, because I really don't mean to.) I know that I am but a channel for divine energy and light to flow through and want to use that gift to be of service to others. And while it's true that I take my "healing presence" wherever I go, it's been made clear to me that there's a specific path I am to follow and I need to be aware of that.

While I really like who I've opened myself up to be, there are parts of the "old" Lisa that I miss. I don't know how to balance them and it seems (key word) easier to let one just take over and bury the other. I don't think that's the best way but right now, it's easier for me. (This probably makes no sense but it's all I'm sharing now.) Suffice to say that this probably will continue to be one of my struggles for a while. I know I'm to learn something from it and I have faith I will but it definitely puzzles me.

Anyway, I know I will look back on this year as a HUGE turning point for me. I finally stepped into my role and am no longer playing "as if". I like that.


Today is where your book begins ... the rest is still unwritten.
 
posted by Lisa at 8:07 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Anita

    Hi Lisa,

    It's not pompous to state thet truth - Rose's expression is the Texas one, "It ain't braggin' if it's so."

    Some people truly don't have any role as a "world server" in this lifetime. I had no idea that could happen or was even possible (I thought everyone had a role as world server, it was just a matter of figuring out what it was and how to contribute), but apparently, it is. I've read some of the aura readings that Rose has done where this has been so.

    -A

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Lisa

    Bah! I got "Promiscuous" which 1. I've been with one guy my whole life and 2. I am SO sick of that song! I like your choice. :) I think that song speaks volumes.