Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Things are falling into place ...
... should I have had ANY doubt? (I didn't, actually)

One of the things I know about myself is that when I'm ready to move out and do something, it just happens. If I try to force it, it doesn't flow and feels unnatural.

Well, let me back up a bit and explain what I mean. I've been harboring a desire to be fully out there and do healing work and Reiki as a career. Yet, the timing wasn't right and I was hesitant to step forward. I didn't know why but it just didn't feel "right" to me. And while I'm a believer in "fake it 'til you make it" school of thought in general, for me, that's not always the answer. If I don't fully FEEEEEL what I'm doing, then I can't be present and give it my whole heart. My beloved husband is a "doer" - something comes into his head and he acts on it almost immediately. Suffice to say, my "wait 'til it feels right" attitude frustrates him.

To be fair, there have been times that his urging has coincided with my "feels right-ness" and great things have happened. For example, he urged me to contact Regina and see if she would be open to renting her Reiki studio so that I'd have some place to take someone who makes an appointment. I felt kind of silly asking someone I barely knew if I could use her studio for a set fee but figured I had nothing to lose. Her reply? "All things are possible. Come and talk to me." And thus began one of the most wonderful friendships in my life.

Back to the issue at hand, though. In January, I published a newsletter and really wanted to get things moving. While I was pleased with the newsletter, it didn't "feel" right. It was like I had taken a pie out of the oven and it wasn't quite done yet. Soon after, Lauren's illness progressed and I was caught up in that and processing the pain of letting her go. Everything else got shoved on the side, as you can imagine. In the months following her transition, I've grown an amazing amount. I have come to understand that I take my healing presence with me wherever I go. I am no longer dressed up in "mommy's clothes" but have fully come into who I am. Little by little, I am making changes - working on letting go of judgements, sending love to people who need it, opening my heart up and letting the goodness flow out into the world. It's been a natural progression for me which tells me it's right AND that it's my path.

It's August now and I am once again working on a newsletter. I've been invited to stand in for Rose Rosetree at the Pathways Expo in October along with Beautiful Flower, Rose's assitant. We will be doing aura readings and talking with people who are interested in the work Rose has trained us to do. Regina has begun a program for her Reiki students to use her studio to see friends, relatives and clients at no charge. I've had someone email me saying (and I quote) "I want to learn what you have to teach." I was bowled over, to say the least. Things are falling nicely into place and I will be doing the work I am here to do. Of this I am sure.

So, as Regina said to me, "all things ARE possible" to which I would add "when the time is right". For me, that time is now.
 
posted by Lisa at 8:09 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Your layout is beautiful =)

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger Anita

    Beautiful and inspiring post, hooray!

    -A

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger Anita

    August 1, 2006
    A Festival Of Transition
    Lughnasa And Lammas
    To ancient peoples, the yearly harvest was a reflection of the human cycle of birth and death. The reaping of food crops was associated with the spiritual abundance that sustained the soul. Yet harvest times were also a portent of autumn's chill and winter's harsh frosts. The Celtic peoples of centuries past acknowledged the season's first harvest with the festival of Lughnasa, the feast of the first fruits. Celebrated on August 1, it marked the midpoint between Beltane in May and Samhain in November, and symbolized a turning point in the lifecycle of Mother Earth. It was both a joyous celebration of plenty and a solemn wake for the decline of the potency of the sun god Lugh, from which the festival takes its name.

    What we know of Lughnasa, known also as Lammas, or the celebration of loaves, has survived in the rituals that are still practiced to this day. It is associated with grain, fruit, flowers, water, and soil, and celebrated atop summits as well as in the depths of holy wells. Traditionally, people assembled on hilltops to pick berries and engage in mock battles-the profusion of the gathered fruits and the results of the mock battles were believed to predict the outcome of the yearly harvest. Many visited ancient wells whose healing abilities were thought to be most potent on Lughnasa. Grand fairs and feasts were held, during which a portion of the newly picked grains were baked into man-shaped loaves commemorating the coming demise of Lugh. The descendants of those who first celebrated the summer harvest keep the traditions of Lughnasa alive in the fairs and sporting events that take place on August 1 throughout Ireland, England, Scotland, and Wales.

    Lughnasa is primarily a festival of transition and thus presents a wonderful opportunity to consider how our lives have changed in the recent past. If you choose to celebrate the harvest by baking bread, adding ingredients you have reaped from your own garden will reinforce your connection to the earth. Consume your bread with loved ones while openly sharing stories of the new beginnings you are currently celebrating and the endings you are mourning. As you honor the cyclical nature of existence, reflect upon the fact that just as there is joy to be found in the sowing and reaping, each of life's phases is worthy of celebration too.